Research writer – Regional News
Mothership.sg is a digital media company and a product of the Internet.
We are currently looking for interested candidates to apply for the position of Research Writer for our Regional News coverage.
In this role, you will be part of the editorial team to conduct research and write about regional news, events and global affairs affecting Singapore and Singaporeans.
You will develop story and content ideas, and are responsible for executing and coordinating editorial tasks and duties. You will be required to research, create, cross-reference, aggregate and organise news and current affairs content in the region (Southeast Asia) for our audiences in Singapore and the region.
You will join a team of passionate writers and content creators to help our audiences make sense of issues and events in an increasingly dynamic, fragmented and ambiguous world.
You will also be required to help manage the daily output of news content on its website and social media platforms. From time to time, you will be tasked to lead and manage special editorial projects, including managing budgets, resources and timelines.
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced and competitive environment.
- Research, source, sort and curate information and data to produce intelligent, educational and effective content about Singapore and the world, presented in a creative and digital friendly manner.
- Highly resourceful, able to optimise limited resources and overcome operational challenges.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Creative, observant and rational, with excellent writing skills and literary flair.
- A passion for regional and global current affairs, culture, politics, foreign policies and history.
- Excellent people and communication skills. Patient but firm and decisive, able to foster trust and build relationships.
- Able to work independently and also work well in teams.A problem solver who embraces challenges.
- Keeps extremely current with digital and social media trends
- 1 to 2 years of working experience. Fresh graduates are also welcome to apply.
- A degree in Arts and Social Sciences, international relations, history or a media-related discipline.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
We strive to build and preserve a people-centric culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth for all our colleagues.
If you’re interested to speak with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected].
Please include “Career Application – Research Writer (Regional News)” in the subject line. It will be advantageous if you can provide samples of past works along with your resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.